Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bonjour, mes amis


Due to my recent stint with the Food Network, opera stages of the world and my neverending ability to make horrible , horrible choices when I have had more than three drinks that lead to some pretty incredible stories, Moose has invited me to post blogs. I will write of issues that affect me during the particular week. Last night, I drank too much of this.

Publix wine of the week: Sterling Napa Cabernet Sauvignon

A great dry, intense wine that compliments even Cashwell's cut of beef. Dark ruby in color, the 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon opens to spicy notes of raspberry and black cherry with hints of cedar and toasty oak rounding out the nose. Flavors of briar, blackberries, raspberries, hints of roasted coffee and an earthy, savory spiciness coat the palate, and lead to a long, elegant finish and can be purchased at Publix for under $10. So next time you fire up the grill, grab a few thick cuts of filet, salt and pepper with a splash of worstershire sauce ONLY, and a bottle of this wine. Skip the Bud Light and try something new.

6 comments:

Flounder said...

a welcomed addition to the LOHD...glad to hear from ya....oh, we need to have another cookout soon and play some golf.

Moose said...

awesome cocktail, I am going to pick up a bottle tonight while I cook my usually on the grill. Grilled Spam with a side of pork and beans.

Big Angry said...

Cocktail i loved the elegance of your writing. It is almost like you read right off the bottle

Anonymous said...

nice work, i like where the LOHD is going. They are def. broading the scope of their blog and adding a little flavor to it. I can see more readers coming on a daily basis.

Anonymous said...

But I am a bud light girl...can you suggest maybe fruit in beer or something to make my bud light more elegant??

Big Angry said...

a-dubs. I know i am not cocktail but may i suggest you just ask your dad for some peach flavored moonshine. You drop a shot in your budlight and it gives it a new bold flavor