Saturday, September 06, 2008

My last thoughts on the Vandy Game

I hate to revisit the subject. The loss was horrific and one that should not have happen but it did. Here is my favorite quote concerning the game and it comes from Vandy Coach Bobby Johnson -

Vandy coach Bobby Johnson said he had trouble figuring out why his team was a 10-point underdog to USC. “I was surprised that so many people thought it would be real hard for us to beat them,” said Johnson, a Columbia native and former Furman coach. “We beat them last year and I don’t know why everybody thought they got so much better than what we were getting.

I can only hope that this inspires the Gamecocks to 'step-up' with 10 games to play. By now we all know that the SEC top to bottom is a great conference. There are no easy games, even a MSU can sneak up on ya. Every game, including Wofford and UAB has to be taken serious. I also want to see Spurrier throw deep at least once...come on truly air it out some.

I agree with Garnet&Black that the game is over and we must look past it. It is a new week and a new opponent. Granted the team staring us in the face is UGA and yes it will be tough but our team has got to respond. It is only the 3rd game of the season and there are lots of downs to be played so let's all move on and get behind our team come Saturday.

No comments: