Monday, July 30, 2007

Oh Mr. Wright...

the orange has taken over the mind. For anyone that knows me, knows my dis-taste for Bart Wright, who is the Sports Editor for the Gville News, because of his very pro-leaning towards Klempson. In his eyes, CU can do no wrong and USC is the sour grape in his Merlot. He always celebrates CU in his columns, which can be understood since GVille is the heart of Klempson land. The Gville News always covers CU very well and anything they do makes the front page; while USC is on page 6 of the paper hidden away. Part of the brainwashing I suppose.

In his recent column on Sunday, he predicts CU to go 8-4 this year and off to another bowl game. He says that the FSU game is the "make or break" game for which I have to agree. He says that FSU will force CU to throw and which they should b/c we saw how CU did when teams (VT) loaded the box and forced passes to be made - L's. He says beating FSU is a "necessity" to get to 8 wins. He predicts wins at Duke and the other three nonconference games (but watch out for Central Michigan). I have to agree though with wins here. Wins at NC State and Maryland. A must split in the series of WF and BC. I think he is also saying CU will lose to VT. And a toss up at USC.

What do you think? I see a for sure losses at BC, VT, FSU and USC. If a loss springs up to a unlikely team like Duke in the past or a Central Mich or a fundamentally strong WF team then....Look out 7-5 and look out Bowden b/c if he finishes 7-5 the boosters will want his head. Even 8 wins may be enough for the "deep pockets" at CU to call for a coaching change....possible call to Rich Rodriguez would be in order. The boosters I have talked to over the years have begun to grow tired of 7-8 wins per season and are hungry for 9-10 wins or a ACC title. I have said it before that if CU does not win 9 games this year then Bowden needs to call Daddy and ask for help in a new job.

3 comments:

gowens said...

I too read the article and he went on to say that the F St. game will be crucial because it will expose there wr's and qb and that is not what they want to do the week before they play us. He went on to say that spurrier could watch the game film and easily make up a scheme to expose there weaknesses.

I agree with him here but I think it will be a stretch for clemson to go 8-4 they will have to go up against a GT team that will be better off with out Reggie Ball and also a NC State team that has talent but was lacking in the head coach department.

I feel as if the ACC this year is more up for grabs then ever before with no clear cut favorite. The team I see as the slight favorite is Miami but not by much.

Anonymous said...

i think if you look at clemson's schedule there are a lot of games that they could lose this year. BC, GT, Wake, FSU, VT, USC,Maryland, NCST. But in whole clemson once again has a pretty easy schedule so they could easily go 8-4 as the greenville guy says, with losses to FSU, VT, USC, & GT, I mean this is clemson they cheat, pay refs, and get all the breaks. going off on a little tangent did anyone watch Football Saturday's i the South on Saturday they had a special on rivalries and they did a thing on Clemson/USC, & they showed which cu fans call the catch 2 which is actualy the F*ckin PUSH OFF. man I pulled an Obie and threw my remote and broke it a got so pissed. arrrrr Obie angy and hungy. anyway clemson sucks

Flounder said...

too funny old man. I agree with ya and yes it was a PUSH OFF!

I did watch over the weekend the replay of USC vs. Ark and man we should have won that dang game. We had it...I know "should have." But we gave up a key 3rd down and too many rushing yards. I think we can get them this year!