Friday, April 07, 2006

"Shoeless Joe" Jackson returns to watch the Drive...





In a surprise appereance...Shoeless Joe Jackson, who is from Greenville, SC, made a apperance for the opening of the Greenville Drive. The Drive defeated the Catfish with a 6-1 victory. The Drive are part of the Red Sox organization and are a single A team. The stadium has a little green monster of their own, see pic, which some guy from the other team hit a homer over. It truly was a great venue with a kids playground area, Shoeless Joe's actual house is right outside the stadium, they had cheap food / beer and a grassy area in the outfield if you want to sit and watch the game.

Check out the pics above of the venue and look for more from the Drive later on.

4 comments:

Moose said...

now that is what I call reporting, watch out Katie Couric. Well I am glad to see the Single A red soxs are doing there best to impress the late shoeless Joe. It reminds me of that movie, the one with Kevin Cosner, and all the corn. What was the name of that movie?

Dev said...

Nice ballpark.. pretty fitting since I heard that Greenville and the upstate are the center of the universe.

Moose said...

Well since the SOD has the Charleston Market pretty much cornered, I figured I would have to enter new areas where the readers are plentiful

Dev said...

I think the Drive are driving down to play the Riverdogs in May. We might have an interblog rivalry game..

Ritch, let me know when Greenville enters the Arena Football age.