Thursday, April 06, 2006

The "Drive" set to play....



The 'new' minor league baseball team is set to begin play tonight in there new stadioum in the West End of downtown Greenville (SC). The Drive is a part of the Red Sox organization and there new stadium sits 5700 and has a smaller verison of the famous 'wall' in Boston. The game is a complete sellout for tonight at 7:05pm but of course I will be there.....many of you may remember the Captial City Bombers in Columbia...well this is the same organization. They left Cola-town and decided that G-vegas is the place to be.

4 comments:

Crummy said...

Screw michelin, they couldn't even take the big turn at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I still wonder how a tire manufacturer can even get away with saying that their tires cannot make turns. Anyway, I say the
GVegas team should have been called the .750i's. That way they could act like they were the BMWs of minor league baseball and hit over .700.

Moose said...

Crummy,
I like your thinking, but I must say the Greenville Grits does sound pretty appetizing. I think more teams should use food as there names, like Cincinnati Slim Jims, or the Texas T-Bonez, or here is my favorite the Boston Bratwursts. Go Brats

Moose said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Moose said...

Well did the Drive win there home opener in G-Vegas. Some upstate beat writer you are. We need updated game states for the Drive since Columbia is with out a minor league time at the moment. I guess I will have to start following the Charlotte Knights, in hopes to seeing the next Barry Bonds, all jacked up on the roids