Friday, June 30, 2006




Well as most of us Carolina fans know, they are build just about every type of high rise housing they can think of around Williams Brice stadium here in Columbia. The Spur, Carolina Walk and the Village lofts will all be completed before the 2006 football season (or are suppose to be) bringing in millions of dollars for the city. Most of the condo’s have already been sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars, but my question is where do the middle class fans who can’t afford a 500,000 dollar condo just for tailgating go? Which the university losing the fair grounds in 2010, and the sheriffs lot being redeveloped for high end tailgating. If the university was smart they would have grabbed up that land years ago when it was just the stadium out there and then sold it off to investors and developers to pay for all this innovative new buildings and dorms for the football team. Last time I checked there was a NCAA rule that says the athletic teams have to be in the general population of the university. So just think one day we will be tailgating at the end of Olympia and the other end of Bluff road.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh richard you are so unhappy i would like for advice man to tell us about his new home

Moose said...

well I don't know about ritch but I am pretty unhappy, so I will tell you about my new house. Located in Rosewood, it is a 3 bed room 2 bath house in walking distance to Rockaways as well as the publics incase I ever need to walk. You know not drunk enough to drive or to hungry to drive. I will be installing a privacy fence once we move in here in about two weeks, so if anybody would like to help just let me know. 933-4117

penny said...

better yet, lets build a privacy fence around bojangles and tailgate in the parking lot

Moose said...

well the question with tickets is, Hyman wants to change the system so that the more money you give the better the tickets (seats and number of seats you get) I think this is a bad idea since I know most of us can't afford to keep going up in ticket prices with the purchases of new cars, wives and houses.

Moose said...

Penny, you are the mayor of tailgating. If you can't build it, I will come. and I will bring te boozes and corn

Anonymous said...

I love tailgating!! I cannot wait for the action to begin this year!!

Southern Sweetheart said...

a friend of mine bought one of the condos....he better let me use it or invite me over - if so, I'll let you guys know and you can join us! :)

Otherwise, you'll find me in the fairgrounds - spot 1357! (If I remember correctly.)

Can't wait for the season to begin!!

Moose said...

Southern sweetheart,

Good deal, we will be at the a new lot this year, it is down off of stadium road near the old sheriffs lot. Hopefully the season goes as well as our tailgating.

Southern Sweetheart said...

no kidding - i hope this season starts and ends with a bang and a party in the between! :)

i'll forget before the season starts where you guys are so make sure you remind me again! :)