Tuesday, February 21, 2006

USC Athletic Dept asks "Let me hold a dollar..."


I found the article in The State paper today about the likelihood of USC football tickets increasing to be interesting. I will be the first to say that we need better facilities on campus especially for our "other sports teams." But I find it hard to understand how for the last 5+ years we have set record numbers with gamecock club dues and have "sold out" nearly every game since 1998. Where has this money been going??? Not too mention every year since 1997 there has been a tuition increase (which a portion does go to the athletic dept).....Now do not get me wrong...I will be 'bending over' come June and signing up for season football tickets again and have already signed up for another year of half scholarship gamecock club dues (ouch!).......

My wish is that all this money going into the athletic program will produce three things for 2006-2007......
  • USC basketball to win 25 games in 2007...('06 seems out of the question)
  • USC football to win 9 games and make a run for the SEC East in '06-'07
  • USC Baseball team (which is getting a new stadium in '07) to return to the NCAA tourney in Nebraska for 2006 and 2007

I feel none of this is too much to ask for as a investor and may I mention the staff of this blog does bleed garnet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just don't see the basketball team winning 25 games. Don't blame Dave right, but if we had a couple big men to help out plastic man on the boards we would be 1st or 2nd in the SEC this year.

Anonymous said...

I would also like for Dave to pull some players from the State of South Carolina. Obviously the bottom of the barrel from other states hasn’t worked out there well so far, maybe try and recruit in SC. South Carolina has enough black people, there should be some 17 old boys that would be willing to play at Carolina.

Moose said...

Might have been the worst game I have ever seen. Might just move on to baseball after that embarrassment, Richland Northeast could have played a better game.

Anonymous said...

Off with Dave's head, let Spurrier coach B-ball