Saturday, October 10, 2009

5 keys to a Gamecocks Win vs the Wildcats Today



Well by now I hope you read my preview/prediction where I laid out that this game may be a little closer than us fans would desire but the end result will be a win by the score of 27-17 for USC.  But what are the keys to the game you ask...

1.  USC must play with urgency and score first --- I feel that the 1st quarter is crucial for Carolina.  A 1230pm game is hard to get pumped for but the team needs to get "Mr. Sandman" out of their eyes and get inspired to play hard.  Play with attitude and jump all over the 'cats!

2.  USC Running Attack --- SC must have success running today.  The ground attack by the multi-headed committee that USC uses must rise up today and be just that - a attack.  I would like to see over 150 yds rushing with no mistakes as that would free up the passing attack.  Taking the burden off the arm of Garcia is a plus but look for Garcia to find success through the air but remember it is because SC has established the running game.

3.  USC on plus side of the TO battle --- I hope that Carolina does not hurt itself by playing dumb and shooting themselves in the foot.  No fumbles or INTs please on offense.  But on defense, Carolina needs to create by forcing Hartline to make a mistake.

4.  Pressure on UK --- SC's Defense must get after Hartline and force him to throw bad passes.  I look to Norwood to lead his troops in this SEC battle and get the job done.  I think USC will get five sacks today and Norwood will play big time again with at least 2 sacks.

5. The Fans --- With a noon-er it is hard to get loud for some reason.  It will be a sticky day in Columbia with a chance of rain and it is on TV.  With that being said, I feel the fans in Willy-B have to help support the Gamecocks by getting loud and being behind the team today.  If the crowd shows their true colors the team will respond and play hard.  I will be in section 301 doing my part and I hope all Carolina fans will do their part to support the team.  We need to avoid a let-down today.

Go Cocks!