I hope you had the time to read my preview/prediction and also my opinion piece before today. As LOHD always does we like to lay out to the "5 keys to a win" and here goes...
1. Don't Hurt Yourself Carolina --- let's avoid the turnovers on offense today and please no dumb flags either. If Carolina can avoid dumb mental errors then they will find success on the offense side of the ball.
2. Pass Protection for Garcia --- he needs time to pick apart the Ark-kansas defense. SC ranks 94th in nation in allowing 2.67 sacks per game. I hope to see zero with a determined performance from the SC O line.
3. USC D must step up --- SC ranks 76 in nation against the run and allows 153.33 yds per game and I hope to see improved play in stopping the run today. Michael Smith can not be allowed to run up and down the field on USC. USC has to stop Mallet today...it is that simple. They have get at him and pressure him. Force him to make mistakes....check how USC ranks on D -
- Pass Efficiency Defense ranks 21 in the nation with a rating of 106.10
- Total Defense ranks 16 in nation with allowing 294.67 yds per game
- Scoring Defense ranks 25 in nation allowing 19.00 pts per game
- Pass Defense ranks 3rd in nation with allowing only 141.33 per game
- Sacks rank is 54th with 2.11 per game
- Tackles For Loss ranks T-52 with 5.89 per game
5. "Fire in the Belly" --- been saying this for years. I want to see Carolina come out wanting this game and playing at a high level. I know it is early but I want to see how bad they want it in their attitude, swagger and performance. Don't take a single play off and get after it!
Still think Carolina 31-23...thoughts?