Saturday, September 27, 2008
Make sure to visit our friend at http://hottytoddyblog.blogspot.com/ leading up to next week!
This is my favorite quote from the clemson loss....
The coaches told Maryland players at the half, "if we hit them in the mouth, they're going to fold, so that's what we came out and did," Terps linebacker Alex Wujciak said.
- Is Klempson losing to Maryland today comparable to Vandy beating USC???
- Is Harper still a Heisman candidate or should I ask were they serious even to think this?
- Does Klempson still have a shot at the ACC crown?
- When will tiger fans realize that tommy has gotten the team as far as he can?
1. The strength of the team must continue to be the strength --- USC continues to rank among the nation's leaders in defense. The Gamecocks are first in pass defense and ninth in total defense (225 yards a game) and 16th in scoring defense (12.75 points). The Carolina D must again step up and limit the UAB offense. UAB broke a three-game losing streak Saturday, whipping Alabama State 45-10. Wide receiver Frantrell Forrest is UAB's main offensive threat and ranks ninth nationally in all-purpose yards at 180 a game. So control WR Forrest, limit their big plays, and get some 3 and outs so the Carolina offense can remain on the field.
2. USC must create TOs on Defense and have none on Offense --- The Gamecocks are 112th out of 119 Football Bowl Subdivision teams in turnover margin at 1.75. USC has three fumble recoveries and two interceptions. Coupled with 12 offensive turnovers, the Gamecocks’ rank 112th in the country in turnover margin. Enough is enough on offense!!! Defense just needs to keep playing aggressive.
3.USC Offense must click --- The time is now for the offense to begin to click....this game is the final tune-up before the meat of the schedule so let's see a solid performance. UAB is allowing 34.75 points and 494.75 yards a game to rank 117th out of 119 FBS teams in both categories nationally. So there is a chance to put up some points and improve the offensive stats....USC is tied for 96th in rushing (113.25 yards), 92nd in scoring (20.25), 78th in total offense (339.75 yards) and 52nd in passing (226.5 yards). No more throwing in triple coverage, make the reads, check on recieving options and execute like we all know a Spurrier offense can. I want to see a offense that runs smoothly and acts like they know how to win.
4.USC O- line play --- USC is 113th in sacks allowed at 3.25 a game...113! Dear O line please step up and protect the qb, create some running lanes and give whoever is under center some time to get a throw off. Knock the opposing d line back and show us why you are a starting offensive lineman in the sec...
5. No injuries - USC needs to have no injuries on either side of the ball.
I want to see a USC team that is hungry to win and ready to kick ass...
Friday, September 26, 2008
2. name the team that beat them.
3. This college coach was recently quoted by saying this asinine comment “The Pac 10 is a tough conference” (..ummm apparently he didn’t get the memo that they have one of the worst out of conference records this year?)
4. This conference is 0-5 VS MWC this year, name them.
5. Name the three teams that might be back to prominence in college football… hint: They won or split four of six national championships from 1992-1997.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Looks like Spurrier is going to shake things up and get some new players on the field Saturday, which is a good thing. Maybe even the 6 year old above who is showing our receivers how to catch a ball will get to play some...seriously this kid was catching everything thrown his way last Saturday. He is kinda like our WRs as they just need a QB to get the ball to them and I am not talking about triple coverage.
Smelley will get the nod at QB to begin with but coach Steve Spurrier said Garcia will get some reps....this is good. And in reading this article - here- seems some others are getting some well deserved 'PT.'
Breakdown of new blood -
- Sophomore Brian Maddox will start at tailback for Mike Davis, one of four players suspended for violating the athletic department’s class attendance policy
- Terence Campbell will start at right guard for Heath Batchelor, who also is suspended
- Joe Hills and Jason Barnes will start at WR
- Larry Freeman will start at tight end along with Jared Cook if USC opens in a two tight-end set
- Clifton Geathers will start at defensive end for Jordin Lindsey, who also is suspended
Update - USC left tackle Jarriel King is doing better...good luck King!
The worst thing the university could do is fire Steve at this point. He is building another good recruiting class, as well as finally getting to develop a QB that might be able to make a pass down field.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
I think there are some guys out there that given the chance they will step up despite what this says b/c they simply need some drive to perform...at least in my view. It seems the team needs a good talking to in my opinion and it is time for our team to man up and get a identity. We have a O line that seems to go through the motions until like the UGA game they get some fire in their belly and play well....boys play your assignments.
I truly feel the big reason our offense has hit the skids is b/c of the QB situation. In my opinion, Beecher/Smelly have not properly gone through their 'check offs' of receivers. If the #1 or #2 option is not open then they freak out and don't know what to do or throw in triple coverage. I know the line is not perfect but the last two home games I have sat in the stands and watched Smelly miss WIDE OPEN WRS/TEs. If I had a dollar for every time Smelly has thrown in triple coverage, I swear I would have 15 dollars by now. Think about it if J Cook has 3 guys around him then some other receiver has to be a little more open...just sayn'. Also for god's sake throw a pass down the field....please just try, I know the QBs we have can throw the ball in the air at least 30 yards....please try! Smelly try to aim small so you will quite overthrowing receivers. Also let's quite forcing passes and another thing - J Cook and McKinley do not need to meet their quota for catches per game...just get the ball to the open receiver and stop always looking in their direction!
I have good vibes with the UAB game...not b/c they suck and we will win but b/c we will see some players given a chance to perform so step right up! I think our running game will be great and passing will be better than in the past. Baker is still one of the best weapons and Garcia needs to have a come to Jesus talk with himself and be the player we all know he can be! Garcia needs to at least be put in the game for more than 3 plays to see what he has... Spurrier please get creative with the offense...it is 2008 and a lot has changed from the UF days...We all know you are a great coach and have a great offensive mind so by all means get creative with the ball....I close with one prayer and that is for USC to have for once this season NO TURNOVERS in a game!
I will now step down from my soap box....GO COCKS!
More HERE....LOHD wishes Mr. King the best!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Final Stats Quotes Notes Photo Gallery
Morris: Spurrier seeks way to scare up some offense
Spurrier: QB Garcia might start vs. UAB
Maddox, Baker, Hills see spike in playing time
Sound Off from USC-Wofford
maybe it is time to play the kid pictured above? Sitting in the stands Saturday night you could see the frustration in the crowd and with the coaching staff...time for some changes...