- It would snap a 2 game losing streak to the Commodores; Spurrier is 14-2 vs Vandy and has lost the last 2 which would be a streak he wants to end
- Set a school record with 5 straight wins over SEC opponents as Willy B
- Be the 7th consecutive victory for USC at Willy B, dating back to the UT game last season
- Gurantee at least a .500 regular season record for the 6th straight year
- Pull coach Spurrier ahead of Lou Holtz with his 34th career win at USC
- Give Spurrier win # 105 in the SEC conference, thus tying him with Vince Dooley all time. Put him behind Bryant (159) and John Vaught (106).
- USC QB Garcia needs 192 yds passing today to move into the top 15 all time in career passing yds in USC history
Saturday, October 24, 2009
A Gamecocks win over Vandy would.......
is very important and the 'cocks should win today as noted in our preview but what else does the game mean?