I gave you my preview/prediction yesterday and asked the most questioned thought leading up to the game, so now I have to lay out the 5 keys to a S.Carolina Win -
Going to keep it simple and short due to leaving in a few mins....
1. Play with "Fire in the Belly" --- It is a noon-er and the gamecocks have to come out with their heads on fire. Garnet & Black Attack and I agree on this one - team has to come out strong, fast and ready to prove to the world that it is SEC football and no ACC team can hang. I want to see every single player play with heart and leave 110% of their effort on the field today. No excuses, hit the crap out of the opposing player and get after it as every play deserves all your effort. It is senior day and show us what it means to wear the garnet&black. I want the fans to do the same as we have to be behind the team today so get cocky and loud!
2. Pressure Parker --- the gamecocks D has to disrupt Kyle today. Have to rattle the kid and knock him around. He can not be allowed to have all the time in the world.
3. Contain the the Clemson Speed --- With 110% effort also comes playing under control and this means keeping clemson players (they have speed) in front of ya....don't miss tackles and don't give up the home run ball (i.e watch the CJ wheel route).
4. No USC shooting themselves --- please don't dig a hole, please USC play smart, no dumb penalities or anything stupid.
5. USC success on Offense --- USC has to score today, not FGs but TDs. USC has to have success establishing the run and this will allow for a good passing game to be conducted. Garcia please make smart passes as the Clemson secondary is good so don't aim too high and if throwing away make sure you truly throw it away. I normally say that the game is up to the Carolina D but this game I feel is up to the Carolina offense as they will have to score more than their 14pts per game average of late to make this a win by 330pm today.
I still think Carolina will win due to the right second half adjustments on D and I would love for Carolina to score first to start the game with a quick strike. I think Carolina wins this