Developments of note recently -
Senior Toney Baker, who has missed all but one game of the past two seasons because of a knee injury, is atop the N.C. State depth chart handed out Friday before NCSU coach Tom O'Brien's news conference. Jamelle Eugene, another senior, who started the fall top the depth chart, is listed as the second-team back. I suspect that Eugene will get the majority of PT though.
Elsewhere on the depth chart, redshirt freshman R.J. Mattes is listed as the starter at right offensive guard ahead of senior Andy Barbee; Dwayne Maddox is starting ahead of Terrell Manning at the boundary linebacker position where injured Nate Irving played; and junior Jeff Ruiz is listed ahead of freshman Chris Ward at punter. Redshirt freshman C.J. Wilson is listed ahead of junior returning starter DeAndre Morgan at field cornerback.
Here is a dose of news from NCSU for your reading pleasure:
- Tom O’Brien Does Lunch
- 'Tired' Wolfpack gets chance to rest
- Russell Wilson Q&A: 'I'm never afraid'
- How dare you call "Spurrier & USC average"
- Pack teams up quarterbacks, receivers
- Wolfpack could go either way
- Pack follows O'Brien's lead
- Pack looking for answers
- The Sporting News likes the Wolfpack quite a bit
- Coming in at an average weight of 314.8 pounds, NC State has the second-beefiest offensive line in the league.
- Profile of NC State’s QB Russell Wilson (ESPN)
- Preview of NC State’s Season (TechSideline)
- Latest College Football Lines (College Football Locks)
Also N.C. State tight end Mario Carter is out for the season with a knee injury, school sports information director said this week. He was the No. 3 tight end on the depth chart behind George Bryan and Matt Kushner.