Keys to a Gamecock Win -
1. Take Wofford serious - They should not be overlooked like a Vandy or anyone else. The season is one game at a time and the team has to foucs on winning this game.
2. Stop the Wofford running game - Wofford has the top-ranked rushing offense in Division I-AA, gaining 400.5 yards per game. The Terriers are averaging 95.5 passing yards, but that’s still good enough to put their overall offense second overall, behind only Northern Arizona. It is simple....load the box, play your assignment, shed blocks, tackle, wrap up, and try to strip the ball.
3. USC's Offense has to step up - USC ranks 11th in the SEC and 92nd out of 119 Football Bowl Subdivision teams in scoring average at 19.3 points per game. USC is last in the SEC and 107th among 119 Football Bowl Subdivision teams in rushing offense (93.7 yards per game) and has thrown more interceptions (seven) and allowed more sacks (11) than all but a handful of teams. The Gamecocks (1-2) rank last in the SEC and 107th in FBS in rushing (93.7 yards). The Terriers rank 101st out of 118 FCS teams in pass defense (300.5 yards). ... Wofford has allowed 44 points in its first two games, beating Presbyterian 38-21 and Charleston Southern 41-23. Spurrier needs to run up the score this game and get reps for everyone....AIR IT OUT!
4. USC must control the ball - South Carolina’s pass defense is still ranked first in the country, ahead of Boston College and Kansas State. Overall, the Gamecocks are ranked ninth in yards allowed, and 21st in scoring defense. USC Defense must get Wofford's Offense off the field and do not let Wofford control the clock...I want to see lot's of 3 and outs today....
5. USC needs to win the TO game - USC must not beat themselves this game and USC must cause Wofford to make mistakes.
My Prediction - USC 41 Wofford 6