LOHD "Hot Dog Hero" of the game
RB Kenny Miles --- notched his second 100-yard rushing performance of the season. The redshirt freshman finished with 102 yards on 18 carries against a good Vanderbilt defense.
Chew on this....
- Alshon Jeffery had eight catches for 161 yards and one touchdown...P.S. he is a true freshman.
- Shaq Wilson had double digit tackles again which is a nice change to see a LB lead the team in tackles versus safeties as we’ve seen in years prior.
- With Saturday night’s win, Spurrier earned his 105th win in the SEC and moved into a tie with Vince Dooley for third all-time. Only Bear Bryant (159) and John Vaught (106) have more.
- The offensive line is still struggling. It gave up three sacks against Vanderbilt, and continues to shift around with new personnel. I do not have the answer on who the right people are up front but just seems to me we settle on one and kinda stick with it. I for one hate it when my boss is constantly looking over my shoulder and can only imagine the anxiety these guys feel...could be the issue? Don't get me wrong, I want the best up there and those that want to prove why they play in the SEC but maybe the leash needs not be so tight.
- Kickoff Coverage. I hope this was just a minor setback as the Gamecocks Special Teams had improved so much. South Carolina allowed its second kickoff return for a touchdown of the season. No more please.
- Play calling. Spurrier let's see the genius again please b/c lately it has been lackluster. I know SC is winning but just seems there can be a less painful way. Open it up a bit.
#21 South Carolina (6-2, 3-2 SEC) travels to Tennessee (3-4, 1-3 SEC) on Saturday.