SEC FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK
- Making just the third start of his career, Smelley completed 17-of-30 passes for 256 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions in South Carolina's 38-23 win against Kentucky.
- Smelley directed two fourth quarter scoring drives that helped secure the victory for the Gamecocks. Both drives ended on Smelley TD passes.
- For the season, Smelley has completed 58-of-107 passes for 810 yards with six TDs and three interceptions.
- Norwood returned two fumbles for touchdowns and also registered five solo tackles in South Carolina's 38-23 win against Kentucky.
- Norwood became just the fourth player in NCAA Division I history to return two fumbles for touchdowns in a single game.
- In addition to his five total tackles, Norwood had one tackle for a loss, two pass deflections and a quarterback pressure.
- South Carolina's defense forced four Kentucky turnovers in the game.
Also SC Corner CAPTAIN MUNNERLYN was recognized for his performance last week as he -Logged seven total tackles with an interception and fumble recovery against Kentucky.