Saturday, November 24, 2007
Keys to a Win against Klempson...
Let's keep it simple this week with the Keys to Winning for S. Car:
1. Stop the Run --- simply put....must limit Davis/Spiller. Please Nix!!!
2. Keep CU Offense off the field --- BC did a great job of this and that is keeping CU offense, led by Harper, off the field. This is done by SC having long drives and stopping CU on 3rd downs.
3. USC Special Teams --- USC can not allow CU long returns on kick-offs nor punts. Also the flipside of this is that Succop must be perfect in all he does today from FG attempts to punts.
4. USC must score quickly in the first half --- USC does not have to score first but we can not get behind to CU. We saw against Ark and UF that once we get behind we can not come back no matter how good the offense is in the 2nd half. A similar start could be devastating to a Gamecocks’ team that has been outscored 58-17 in the first quarter and 93-30 in the first half during its four-game losing streak. USC is 5-1 when it scores first this season, but that has not happened since the North Carolina game.
5. Intangibles --- USC must have a winning attitude and not quit. USC must do the little things like make open field tackles and play smart. No turnovers!!!
Prediction --- USC 27 Clemson 23
Posted by Flounder at 9:26 AM