Monday, August 21, 2006

The times are changing


Well only 10 days till Carolina plays MSU, which is a good think, but that also means that all the kids are back in school. Not only elementary and High School, but college kids now. This morning I saw 2 wrecks on Assembly and it took me almost double the amount of time it usually takes me to get to work. Groups of lost freshman, or I think they are freshman; they could be 10 year olds from what I can tell. Kids keep getting smaller and smaller, I saw two little kids the other day at publics with two 12 packs of Killians and thought to myself, how old can they be. Well they had id and a KA sticker on the back of there Z-71. Well while watching the Little League World Series over the weekend in my free time, when Kat wasn’t working me like a _______. Well Saudi Arabia has a 6-8 13 year old playing for them. He was 6-4 last year when Saudi Arabia made the LLWS, so in a year he has packed on about 40 lbs and 4 inches. Think how big he is going to be when he is able to play college athletics. That is why I wrote a letter to Dave Odom this morning while pretending to work.

Dear Coach Dave

Please sign the giant 13 year old from Saudi Arabia, who cares if he can’t play basketball, he is only 13 and as tall as every play you have recruited here at Carolina. Granted we have not had too much success with big men, but if Ronaldo can get drafted this kid has a chance.

Sincerely

Louis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I started back to class at Tech today. FYI- Midlands Tech sponsors Midlands Middle College for 11th and 12th graders. I had a 4'6" 100-and-nothing 11th grader ask me with attitude for directions. I gave him correct directions but only after thinking about hanging him from the EXIT sign.

Southern Sweetheart said...

Love the letter too! Too funny.

Can't wait for the football season to begin. I've designed a template just for the football season that I'll be putting up over at my place soon -- yep, all Gamecocked out! :)

penny said...

think you can help me write a new cover letter for my resume? maybe like...

dear employer,
matt has few job skills to offer, but he was homeless for a while and is too lazy to capitalize letters while typing. oh, hes an angry drunk (and hes drunk alot)

Moose said...

Penny,
I would be glad to write a cover letter for you. I will have to put some thought into it. Check back later today to see what I can come up with.