Wednesday, March 01, 2006

4 in a row....


Well the USC basketball team has lost again and reached a new low for the season...USC's only chance to avoid a last-place finish in the SEC East is to defeat Auburn on Saturday and hope Georgia loses its final two games, at Florida and against Arkansas. I read in The State today the story about the game and Coach Odom's quote --- "Maybe I'm not tough enough. Maybe I've got to get tougher myself," Odom said. "If I give up, they're going to give up. I'm not going to give up. So, there's no chance they will. It's easy to give up. But it's wrong. I am not going to let my guys do that. When will we win? When we are good enough. Those are simplistic answers, but those are the answers."

I do not think toughness has much to do with it here....USC is a very tough team and has a great defense....but offense needs at least one player to step up and perform....last year Carlos Powell did that (from time to time)...but this year it seems no one wants to be the "star." It seems we are playing in a offense that requires you to pass the ball at least 3-5 times before you take a shot.....Does anyone know when the last time a USC team scored 100+ points????

I will go now and pray that we can win this weekend....I still have hope that we will win the SEC (okay most likely not....) and that Odom irecruitmenthe recuritment trial hard this year and is going to bring in some top players......I guess with everything, we shall see!

No comments: