Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moose's outback bowl pick


Just want to say Happy New Years, hope everybody won't be to hungover for the game tomorrow at 11 AM.  

The saying goes, football is won in the trenches.  Well I feel Iowa has a better offensive and Defensive line.  I am not sure if Spurrier can cook up a game plan that can allow the Cocks to score enough points against a ball controlling offensive like Iowa has.  We are going to have to put points on the board every time we touch the ball.   If we consistently have 3 and outs, while Iowa runs Greene on long drives we might be in for a long drive.  South Carolina has the speed but do we really have the size to keep Greene from having a big day.  If Garcia is on, I think we have a chance against Iowa’s zone defense.  We will score but in the end Iowa’s physical style will wear us down, letting them score late in the 4th to win.

 

My prediction is Iowa 27  USC 17

 

After watching the Florida and Clemson games, I just don’t have much faith in the team.  I have been pleased with the reports that Garcia is actually making an effort to be a leader on the team.  Now I just need to see it on the field. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

too, not to. freaking foot