Thursday, October 30, 2008

Like what I'm hearing from USC hoops

I like what I am hearing from the Darrin Horn lead USC basketball team. I know football is not over but preseason hoops is around the corner and before we know it hoops action will be in full swing.

Zam Fredrick is quoted in this article with respect to USC predicted to finish 5th in SEC East.

Here is what he said -“I don’t believe that we’re going to finish fifth,” Fredrick said. “We return everybody, with a different system, and a lot of teams lost a lot of key players and are trying to find themselves. I just feel we’ll be in the thick of it.”

I truly believe that a new era has begun for the USC hoops program (both men and women). Horn will get this program to new heights beyond what Odom did for us. Not going to get Obama on ya and talk about change and hope. But it does begin with attitudes. Yes Carolina basketball has not reached the level we have grown to expect but pieces of the puzzle are in place with a new coach, the new facilities....wait, I am beginning to sound like a Clemzen fan.

Just give Horn some time and let him work that 'hilltopper magic' here. I think USC will surprise some people in 08-09.

Our pals over at Garnet & Black have a good preview of the USC team up and their preseason ranking here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out. I think we'll see good things this year too. Maybe nothing great, but improvement, at least.