Friday, June 27, 2008

Witnesses aid charged Clemson player

Three witnesses have come forward in the aid of Clemson defensive back DeAndre McDaniel who was charged with assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. But the catch in this story - here - is these witnesses have yet to go to the Central PD who are charging the player to share their story.

You may remember what McDaniel is being charged with -

According to a Central police incident report, McDaniel’s girlfriend told officers that she and McDaniel engaged in a heated argument in which she pushed his head while lying in bed. She said McDaniel then placed a comforter over her head and began choking her while jerking her head up and down. She said McDaniel then struck her with a closed fist to her face and head area.The victim said McDaniel continued cursing at her, threatening to break her neck. Eventually, she said he shoved her down a flight of stairs and punched her in the chest as she fled from the apartment toward her car.

Something is fishy with this whole situation as the article states -
In documents obtained by the Daily Journal/Daily Messenger from a source close to the investigation, the witness, McDaniel’s neighbor said, “I was woken up by someone beeping the horn outside, Saturday morning, June 21, 2008, around 7 a.m. “I got up to see who it was and saw (the victim) walking to her car (Camry), which was parked outside my window. I saw her laughing as she stated, ‘I’m just going to leave; I know the law, my mom or relative has been working with that stuff for about 20-30 yrs, so I know I’m not going to be the one going to jail.’ I saw her continue to giggle as she got in her car and then she drove away.”
This statement directly disputes the victim’s statement in the Central police incident report.
Should prove interesting how this plays out with McDaniel and his legal team as they decide how to handle this.....where is Matlock?

No comments: