Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Let the college football anxiety begin

Now that Memorial Day has come and gone and the dog days of summer are ahead of us that could mean only one thing....college football anxiety has set in. You know that point where nothing is really on TV, pro sports bore you and not much going on besides the CWS in college sports. Add in the upstart of college football talk and predictions and you have a case of college football anxiety.

So to help ease or to contribute to this dilemma, I will provide you with some recent college football news.

USC’s Spurrier is on the 2nd hottest seat in the conference, which makes more sense. The Gamecocks’ epic collapse last season was due in large part to key defensive injuries, but the USC brass didn’t bring Spurrier in to go to middling bowls. I don’t think they’d actually fire Spurrier, but I doubt that they’re especially pleased with the results he’s delivered so far in his tenure. If Stephen Garcia continues to run amok though, it will be interesting to see how the USC fans react if the Gamecocks finish 6-6 this season.


I really have to disagree on this issue. I think Spurrier will live to see another day even if he finsihes in the season with the cocks going 6-6 (which will not happen in 08). Spurrier is building a program and there is no quick fix. Read my Post from earlier HERE and you get the reasoning I have....What do you think.....is the seat hot for Spurrier in 08?

And I got to agree with Joe Pa here....a playoff system is needed and is best for the game.
Also it seems we are closer...wait they broke up right?....meant to say we are inching closer to the SEC championship according to this prediction HERE (hattip: gray)....do you agree? I say yes.

No comments: