Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gamecock Baseball: While I Breathe, I Hope

As the State of South Carolina motto says - "Dum Spiro Spero" - which means - While I breathe, I hope. That is the way I feel about the Gamecock Baseball team this weekend. It is simple for today - - Win and you are in.

The Gamecocks kept their hope alive with a win yesterday against Tenn with a 7-5 victory against Tennessee, the chances of South Carolina making the SEC tournament lingered for one more day. USC (36-19, 14-15 SEC) will clinch a trip to Hoover, Ala., if it beats Tennessee today in what could be the last game at Sarge. Failing that, it will need either Mississippi or Arkansas to lose.

Again, it is simple - just win today. Come on Gamecocks win for Sarge Frye and leave the field in victory.

In other news....The other team in the state had their ticket punched for the ACC tourney with Duke's 8-5 loss yesterday.

No comments: