Thursday, March 16, 2006




Well now that March is here and the brackets are in, who are the favorites, who are the upset teams and who is going to be the biggest fluke. I am guessing the overall favorites this year would have to be Duke and U-conn respectively. Some upsets that could happen today, Winthrop over #2 seed Tennessee, or how about UW Milwaukee over Oklahoma. UW Milwaukee made a nice run later in the tournament making it all the way to the sweet 16. How about the biggest flops, could it be Gonazaga at the #3 spot in the Oakland bracket or how about Memphis as the #1 seed coming out of the very week Conference USA. There are a lot of things going on this weekend with St. Patty’s celebrations and basketball, I am sure there will be some upsets as well as green beer this weekend. Columbia has a great party going on and there will be a lot of old faces enjoying the festivity.

Insiders: My finail four
Oakland- UCLA
Washington DC- U-Conn
Minneapolis- Ohio State
Atlanta- Duke

Overall champs- U-Conn

I guess we will have to wait and see

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you LJ. UCONN all the way!

Moose said...

I think we match up pretty well against fSU, you know basketball would take a back seat with us not making the NCAA. Plus we played baseball last night, beat up on poor Yale. We have auburn this weekend. Should be a good series

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at the low risk picks for the championship. Especially because UConn got lucky to make a comeback against Albany who outplayed the big-headed Huskies. I wonder how they will do when they actually meet an closer matchup.

Moose said...

Well I wouldn't say low risk since the last two years the favored team going in has won the big dance, so to stick with that theory I have U-Conn and Duke in the final game. But besides those two teams my brackets are pretty much done